Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Servings: 5 servings
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions, diced
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely. Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, scallions and garlic and sauté about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan. Cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl; toss with fresh cilantro and lime juice to taste